I’m a lucky owner of the wonderfull VL70m, VL1m, S90 with 3 PLGVLs and a WX5 controller and EWI 4000. A few years ago I decided to remove the dust from my VL70m and get deep into the secrets of this synth.
So, I took on the challenge to build a new VL70-m editor and started to reverse engineer (with approval of YAMAHA) the legacy VL-Expert, Visual Editor etc.
The good news is that this editor is not available. You can download a Demo version via www.vl70m-editor.com/site go to try & buy
Hereby an overview of the VL-Wiz features:
* Fast and direct access to an organized voice library (contains about 900 voice I did collect, converted etc.)
* Ability edit voice tags and search voices based on this tag info info.
* Native sysex voice file format, so you can also send the voice with any kind of sysex transfer tool
* Realtime parameter editing using 4 graphical editing modules, the Element Voice, XG Part, VL70m Effects, Tuning
* Intelligent activation and deactivation of parameters based on the selected Voice algorithm
* Parameter labels that correspond to the selected Voice algorithm (eg. string vs pipe)
* Ability to load Current Voice dumpout from the VL70m
* Compatibility with PLG-VL cards (XG-VL mode)
* Import capability for .ALL .LIB and .SYX (VL70m format only)
* Voice Template manager (similar to the Yamaha Visual Editor)
* Ability to store voices into the Custom + Internal Voice slot 1 to 6 of the VL70m (and in the commercial version up to 16 slots for the EX5)
* Tooltips explaining what the advance parameter does
* Poly and Multilayer support. Editing VL-Voices across multiple VL70m & PLG VL’s
* Quickly (re)-store a group of parameter settings (eg. EQ’s, Harmonizer settings etc.) using the snippet tool
* Mapping midi controllers to VL-parameters using midi-learn
* Play a one track midi loop while editing using the midi phrase tool
* Sending midi reset (panic) to kill hanging notes
* Extract the VL70m effects from one voice and send these to the VL70m without touching the VL-element part of the voice in the CURRENT memory.
* A configurable sysex engine, set interval time between sysex dumpouts and sysex bytes, handle up to 8 VL devices using their individual Device ID and Part
* Switch your synth into VL-Mode (eg. S90, MOTIF, EX5, MU series) by sending an initialization sysex as defined in the listbook of your synth
* Send extra sysex data before and after each voice(s) upload
* Select multiple midi-in and midi-out ports
* Select the midi-in and out channel
* Enable/disable midi-thru
* Considerable amount of bug fixes
* Color Schemes
* Undo feature (doubleclick on parameter does set back its previous value)
* Improve license key validation